Sunday 21 August 2011

Utecht's Stages of PLN Adoption

I've always found it difficult to pigeon-hole myself - so many contradictions/changes of mind and attitude.  I prefer to describe this as flexibility, but perhaps I am just indecisive. So pinpointing which stage I am at in my "PLN adoption" is more challenging than it first appears.


I believe I'm spanning the first 3 stages simultaneously - immersion, evaluation and know-it-all.


I'm still in the process of entirely immersing myself - Twitter and Facebook are covered, I've dabbled in Second Life, Delicious is getting there, my blog is developing, and I'm even considering developing another unrelated blog.  However, Flickr, Linkedin and Diig have been sadly neglected since I first joined.  So I'm half-immersed with a desire to certainly swim out to deeper waters.


I'm evaluating all the time, so this is a continuum, not a stage that I've arrived at, or perhaps will ever arrive at.


I can certainly feel the beginnings of the "need to be connected" - the fear of "missing out" which qualifies me for the know-it-all stage too.

No comments:

Post a Comment